Thursday, April 26, 2012

Monday it is...

Just returned from Dr. B's office, the reproductive endocrinologist that Johnson sent us to.  He managed to do the saline histogram with far less pain than she did, but with pretty much the same lack of result.  Yep, there is some sort of 'stricture' as he put it, a blockage, an adhesion that won't allow the catheter to actually go very far and thus, they can't see anything or know anything - except that I need to do the hysteroscopy surgery on Monday as scheduled.  

The hope is that Johnson will be able to visualize what at this point can only be faintly seen and felt through an ultrasound.  The other hope is that the blockage or adhesion is a small area that she can simply cut through, opening up the rest of my uterus and that all will be back to normal after that.  Well, semi-normal.  Even if all of that goes smoothly and the adhesions are minor, it will require me to be on estrogen for at least a month - which translates into another month or two until we would even be able to try to conceive.  

It's a bummer. But more than that, I'm just pissed that I didn't insist on the histogram sooner.  I knew at the end of November that something wasn't right, that my period felt like it should have come but didn't.  If we had started this process then, well, who knows.  Instead, we are now 5 months down the road and only hoping that 6-7 months down the road, well...that we can actually even be on the road!  Right now, we're just going to have to spend a few months at this pitiful truck stop they call infertility and hope that we actually move forward some time soon.  

I hope it goes well. I hope it's not a worse case scenario.  I hope my doctor knows what she's doing.  I hope that new adhesions don't form.  I hope we are able to try again soon.  I hope we are successful.  

1 comment:

  1. I hope all those things as well. You would be such a great mommy - look at what a great job you are already doing with Brett? :)

    I kid, of course. You guys will both be great parents - and we need more cool people procreating. Thanks for keeping us up to date. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete